Crystals for Mental Illnesses, etc.
(Not a substitute for proper medical attention!)
going to add some of my own here (again, make sure u go to a fuckin doctor, but hey, this mayhelp some!)
Crystals for Epilepsy
- Amethyst (for protection and mental clarity - place cluster in room, or keep a tumbled/smooth version in pocket)
- Emerald (said to heal epilepsy as a myth for a long-ass time - wear as ring or necklace)
- Lapis Lazuli (powdered form used to be a treatment for epilepsy)
- Malachite (helps with right-left brain imbalances)
- Clear Quartz (good for injuries & depression post-seizure - place on injured parts of body or head)
It’s storming in New York City.
hey!!! im doing some commissions in this style to have some extra money for art supplies and such since theyre really putting a strain on my wallet this semester. i’ll be offering these indefinitely most likely, how fast i am able to draw them will mostly depend on how much work i’m doing for school at the time, but hopefully it wont be too much of a problem, i’ll let you know when you email me what my schedule is like.
i will NOT be offering finished pieces just because i do not have the time for it, flat colors or minimal shading is the most i’m doing. please feel free to email me with your idea if you are not sure of the cost, we can work something out :-) prices listed are per character.
nudity is a-ok, sexually explicit content is not. most other things i’m willing to give a shot, just send an email if you arent sure and i can let you know!
PLEASE send any messages to email@example.com !!!!!! do not send messages on tumblr because it is very unreliable, if you need to then fanmail is preferable. once we work out what you want i’ll give you my paypal email, payment up-front is preferred but i can work with you if you’re more comfortable otherwise
thank you!!!! reblogs are much appreciated
i need to stop seeing this shit come up on my dashboard. stop mimicking “black men” when you invoke predatory sexuality. recognize it and stop doing it. recognize the part youre playing in perpetuating the deadly myth of the black male rapist.
and read this: "Rape, Racism and the Myth of the Black Rapist" from Angela Davis’s Women Race and Class
I understand what is said here, and agree. But I think the pictures/gifs used to demonstrate were a bad choice, only one directly points to the “Predator” being a black man. Just an observation.
find out what aave is and come back
Point made, I was just giving an observation. I agree with your post 100% , but I think there are better examples
absolutely there are. but i made this post as a direct response to seeing the first two gifsets go viral around tumblr’s feminist community. i added the third screenshot to further contextualize my point. a lot of feminists i followm reblogged the hell out of the first two, obviously not seeing that they were using racism to fight sexism.
i also still think you’re failing to see that these are GOOD examples. because in neo-liberal media, overt racism isn’t as pervasive as “subtle” racism. so it’s exactly those first two posts that ppl need to be more aware of. because they might not be trained to see the racism in those situations where it’s not blatant. and that’s exactly what happened when those posts went viral.
this post is going around again a little bit so i want to add a thought process i’ve developed since this post’s conception. if you don’t actually think this is a thing (like some of you reblogging this to say black ppl are reaching bc you assumed op, i, was black) keep a notepad with you for a few weeks and write down every time a non-black person slips into aave (in speech, in a text message, on facebook, whatever.) then next to that, write down why. i’ve done this, and the second column never strayed from three overlapping categories:
1) jocose sexual predation (as in the examples above. real life examples: “AY GIRL, lemme holla atcha!” “lemme get cho numba.. ay yo where you goin’?” on someone’s selfie/profile pic: “DAYUM.” “damn ma, you is fiiiiine.”) verbally, this is, without fail, accompanied by a faked very deep voice. wonder why?
2) jocose aggression (real life examples: “YO FUCK DAT NOISE I AIN’T ABOUT DAT, FUCK DA HATERZ” “WHO IS YOU” “YO ima STOMP that FOOL!” "im finna snatch this bitch weave")
3) being loud (real life examples: “MUH FUCKIN HOMIE” “FO REAL DO” “ooo girrrlll!!!” )
so we slip into aave when we’re putting on sexual predation, aggression, and loudness. what does that tell us about stereotypes of black americans?
your solidarity is so real I wanna weep.
since I’ve reblogged this last time I’ve seen like 3 videos sketches with white/ non-black women doing this
Literally every time I see a joke about street harassment it’s like this
i said some stuff on twitter today
Rediscovered Keiko Takemiya and holy moly did she have a feel for composition and negative space.